Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tie a Day, Number 21

My tie today is a dark blue and purple paisley tie with a hint of dark green. I love this tie! I saw it this morning and had to wear it.

I really like paisley as a design. It has a natural feel to it but the design isn’t flowery. Sure there are some bright paisley designs that I hate, but as a group I have to say I like them. There is also a spiritual something to paisley that I have always felt even before I considered that it resembles part of the Yin/Yang symbol or before I knew that it is believed to have its origins in Hinduism.

There also seems to be a strong relationship between paisley and fractals. I am not sure how that applies to me liking the design…

The tie is a Countess Mara tie and I know that my father bought it when he worked at Franco’s in Richmond, VA, in the late 1980’s. So, the tie is a classic or perhaps a dinosaur, if you think I have no taste. Anyway, I like it!

No comments: