Thursday, October 8, 2009

Tie a Day, Number 18

My school will be holding its 4th annual blood drive today, so I dove into my closet looking for a tie with red in it. I found this classic Countess Mara tie. I had no idea that the little CM on my ties meant much of anything, but it seems that this is a well known and respected maker of ties.

This particular tie is at best, ok. The red is the background and the blue spots are leaves. It is hard to pick out exactly what the tan areas are supposed to be without getting really close. Those spots are animals, specifically, deer, rabbits and foxes.

The little loop in the back that normally holds the back part of the tie down with the front part has come detached on one side. I now use a small piece of scotch tape to hold it down so it doesn't flop all over the place. Classy!

The tie countdown continues (Or is it a count up?).

Don't forget to give the gift of life! I am down for double reds today.

No comments: