Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tie a Day, Number 79

Monday’s tie is a tie that I have always liked, probably because it is brown and always matches my shoes and belt. This means that I can pretty much throw any pair of pants and shirt combination together and leave the house feeling like I match.

As I looked at this tie again on Monday, I decided that it is ugly. There is way too much going on with the design. It seems like the designer had a couple of good ideas but he couldn’t make up his mind so he threw them all on this one tie and turned in his mockup just under the deadline.

I have come to the conclusion that this particular tie is the fashion equivalent to the “
Brown Note.” While I don’t think that this tie emits a tone that will make you soil yourself, it is a hideous brown tie.

This tie will need to return to my closet with a do not wear tag on it.

No comments: