Friday, March 12, 2010

Tie a Day, Number 77

The tie I wore on Wednesday is one of my all time favorites. It is rather busy with many colors, large and small paisley designs, and diagonal lines, but I really do like it. I have never been under the illusion that I have good taste in clothing.

One thing people always say when you are talking about ties is to always be careful to not stain them. Even water can ruin a good silk tie. Considering my hatred for tie pins and tie clasps, and that I rarely wear any kind of jacket with my ties, it is fairly obvious that I have had to deal with stains. This tie has a very large area of discoloration on it.

When I taught kindergarten I had to wear ties. That particular age group is very hard on ties; the kids grab and touch the ties, and then there are paints, markers, pencils, crayons, glue and many other things that can mess up a tie. If I remember correctly, this tie had an incident with some tempera paint. I quickly wiped and scrubbed the tie, but while you can’t see the paint, you can just make out the scrubbed area if the tie is turned the right way.

Good times… I really did love teaching kindergarten. But some of my ties barely survived the ordeal!

No comments: