Monday, March 8, 2010

Tie a Day, Number 74

The tie I wore last Thursday was a red tie with gold spiral like designs. It went well with my comfortable Columbia shirt.

I am pretty sure I have never worn that tie before, but it is difficult to say because the tie is not a memorable one. Many ties are that way, just like many days can be uneventful.

Last week was difficult for me. I was out for two and half days of work either being sick, dealing with a sick kid (or kids), or a little of both. So my tie wearing was down to just two days. No one had anything serious; it was simply that time for our house to have a drive by germing.

It is funny to me, but there are so many things that you have to learn the hard way when you become a parent. When you are thinking of having a child, you only think about all the warm and fuzzy experiences. You never think, “I should save up for lots of sick days, not just for myself, but for my kids too.” I am fortunate that I have a job that allows me to accumulate sick days in the first place, and I am also lucky that I have always been relatively healthy.

The end result? A short, little, two tie week.


No comments: