Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tie a Day, Number 71

I must not have learned much last week with the blue drapes tie; I think I did almost the exact same thing today. I wanted to wear a blue tie and shirt. So I picked out this blue tie with grey plant like pattern on it. Then I decided I had to wear a shirt with alternating thick and thin blue stripes separated by white stripes.

The difference is that today’s tie looks like fabric that might cover a sofa and the shirt has vertical stripes of differing widths. I do think this is a better shirt and tie combination than last Wednesday’s car wreck, but still, there is something not quite right about it. I think it might have to do with the shades of blue not matching.

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. When you think about it, close should also count in nuclear war, plagues, natural disasters and maybe curling (because being closer to the bull’s-eye could win for you). But close never counts in ties…

I am at approximately the half way point in my tie collection. I realized that this morning as I looked around the closet and suddenly remembered a whole rack full of ties that I had forgotten about.
The good, the bad, and the ugly are all still waiting for me.

Past the half way point in the school year, now I need to reconsider exactly what it is that I want to do with this tie a day thing. Should I just wear a different tie each day this year (with the exceptions of casual or spirit days) and be done with it? Or should I try to keep wearing them until I run out (into next school year)? I think I will have about 40 ties left over after the school year is complete.

No comments: