Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tie a Day, Number 49

Trying to fit back into the serious world and put stupid luck behind me, today I chose an interesting tie that I have always liked. I like the colors in this tie; purple, tan and navy, and the silk has an opalescent quality to it. The tie shimmers in the light as it moves.

The design is kind of odd though, sort of like a collection of artichokes, in purple and tan, laid out across the tie at various angles. This plant tie is one of my favorites. Strange since I have already claimed to not like plant themed ties… it must be the colors.

I combined the tie with a shirt that I would never have used in the before the tie a day craziness (or as I now refer to it as BTDC. I try to use this acronym in normal conversation because educators love their acronyms and they always pretend to know what one is when you use it. It makes me laugh!). The shirt is sort of a plaid flannel thing. The combination of textures is different for me.

I must admit that the juxtaposition of clothing that I am putting together is very eye opening to me. I am generally a safe, plain dresser who doesn’t put a lot of thought into what I wear, but I think this is a normal progression for a man of my age and place in life (broke with kids to raise). I don’t know that I look any better (how can I with clothes from 20 to 30 years ago?), and I don’t really care, but I look at my closetful of vintage wear in a new way.

It is almost as good as having up to date clothes!

No comments: