Friday, January 8, 2010

50 ties!

Me being stupid wearing 50 ties at once!
Like a muscular boa constrictor applying its death grip, my manly mane of male neckwear is proudly displayed on my den floor.


Fifty ties all at once! The weight of over 4 pounds of silk, polyester and cotton, even when tied loosely about the neck, gave me the feeling of being slowly suffocated.

I had to do something special, something different, to celebrate reaching the 50 tie mark. Using my limited imagination, the only thing I could think of was to wear all 50 ties at once. If nothing else, it made for an interesting, but ridiculous picture.

I do not recommend that anyone put on 50 ties, and that is not just because I submitted this picture as a new world record on the Universal Record Database (the last record I submitted was for a group, this is my first attempt at a personal record on the URDB site). I was very uncomfortable during this picture. Just getting situated on the floor for the picture above, I got a major abdominal cramp and my gluteus maximus locked up as well. All I could do was lay on the floor and whine while my family laughed.

I do not think I will try to break my own record. If you are interested, I will even help break the record and tie neckties on you until you collapse. Drop me a line, and we will work out all the details…


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe you can make it into the Guiness Book of World Records!