Sunday, May 2, 2010

Tie a Day, Number 100

I was shocked on Thursday when I released that it was my 100th tie of the school year. Of course, I have been keeping track of it every day, but that is a lot of ties! It made me feel like Steve Martin on new phone book day.

The tie I wore on Thursday is a beautiful silk tie. The design is large and very detailed. The colors are bright and jump right out at you no matter what you wear with it. I am sure the tie would have looked much better with a nicer shirt, but I wore the shirt more for comfort than because it was a nice dress shirt.

It has been kind of fun wearing a different tie each day to work. At first I tried to plan out what I would wear, but I fell back into the surprise a day routine where I would pick the tie and shirt on the fly each morning.

Wearing a different tie each day has forced me to think more about something that I never gave any thought to before. I haven't come up with any important insights into solving world problems, nor have I saved any lives, but it has been an interesting diversion.

I think I probably have 20 more tie days left in this school year calendar, which leaves about 30 more ties in the closet unworn. I am not sure what to do about the remaining ties, but I am sure I will figure something out.

Below is a little video I made of almost all of the 100 ties.

No comments: