Friday, December 18, 2009

Tie a Day, Number 46

Red, bright red, with small Christmas trees spread across it- that is what Thursday’s tie was all about. The red in this tie is the enraging color that is known to send bulls into wild charging attacks. I tried very hard to stay away from all bulls yesterday. Since I was not gored, I must conclude that I succeeded.

The small Christmas trees on this tie easily fade into the overwhelming red background. While the tiny bits of yellow sprinkled on the trees adequately represent decorative lights and stars, they can be easily missed unless you stand very close to the tie.

Normally, I would never wear so much red. It hurts the eyes. But I have worn a festive tie and almost completed the Doss Christmas Holiday Tie Collection for the year.

Wednesday was a non-tie day. We could wear a t-shirt as long as we wore the color green and paid $2 to the Gator Aid fund, a fund to help families at my school. I wore my Grinch t-shirt and read How the Grinch Stole Christmas five times that day.

So, I only have one more Christmas themed tie to wear...

More Holiday themed fun- Make yourself, or your friend into a Dancing Santa! http://www.dancingsantacard.com/en/?santa=1523943

Also, I thought I would share some pictures of the beautiful Christmas trees that are on display at the Hotel Roanoke in Roanoke, VA.

I think they have some sort of contest there and different groups set up displays all over the hotel. I am not sure what the contest is all about or what the award is but if you scroll through the trees, I bet you can pick out my favorite display!

No comments: