Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tie a Day, Number 45

Looney Tunes and Christmas; what could be more fun than that? This parade of Looney Tunes characters marches across today’s tie in rows divided by Holly leaves. All the little figures are wearing Santa hats. I love all of them, but there is a special place in my heart for Taz…

The Christmas ties are going quickly, I think I only have two more, but I might be able to sneak in a couple of Christmas themed T-shirts to make up the difference before my school is off for winter break.

I have been reading How the Grinch Stole Christmas over the last week or so to students at my school, and it has gotten to be such a habit that reading the story is like 12 and half minutes of total peace; for me. It is a very strange experience, sort of like the Zen of reading How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

Most of the time it is like a Zen experience, except for last Friday. I read the story and it started badly because it was a last minute, unexpected event and I was rushing around right before I began. I became very upset with myself because I started the story out of breath, and I messed up 3 times. I also had my coordinator there and other adults kept popping in. I guess I am not perfectly in tune with the story, because if I was, none of that would have mattered.

I think I need to work harder at reading the Grinch.

A friend of mine shared this awesome lighted house video-

Amazing Grace Techno - Computer Controlled Christmas Lights from Richard Holdman on Vimeo.


It makes me want to go to Utah just to see it!

No comments: