Saturday, August 11, 2007

Trying out something new...

I have always thought about creating a blog, but I was never sure why I should. Will I be able to keep up with it? Will anyone care what I post, or read it if I do post something? What if I offend people, or sound stupid? Anyhow, I pushed these thoughts aside and came to the conclusion that blogging is not just about me and my thoughts but the sharing that occurs with others, the dialogue that begins. Publishing a blog is not an ending, but a beginning.
So, I am beginning.
I often worry about spelling and grammar whenever I send out communications, but these normal restrictions are more relaxed in this atmosphere, so I will try a balancing act with my thoughts and my desire to appear to be an intellegent (I did misspell this on purpose, but I don't think anyone noticed) adult.
I am 40 years old and have a variety of interests, probably coming from what is now called ADD. I am a computer resource teacher at a elementary school in Virginia Beach, Virginia. I have always worried that putting identifying information on the web could lead to bad things, but the world has changed and if someone really wants to find you they can. I will still not put anything out there more specific than that about myself, but in starting a blog I am attempting to suspend my normal paranoia.
Sometimes, I will share my educational experiences as in try to incorporate technology into the curriculum at my school. At other times, I am sure it will be a complete mixed bag of whatever is on my mind at that particular time.
Welcome to my world.

No comments: