Thursday, September 13, 2007

New Posts?

I have been thinking hard lately about my personal instructional technology philosophy. I have been working on it for a while, but I am not ready to post it yet. This is why I haven't been posting as regularly...

Of course, my thoughts have been muddled by life events. Like working, eating and sleeping- the normal stuff. What is interesting is that I find myself waking up 3 nights a week at 3 am thinking about my blog. I think I saw something creepy about that time in the movie The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Sometimes, it is all I can do to keep myself from jumping out of bed just to throw down my thoughts.

I think that somehow just the process of getting my thoughts in order and putting them in writing helps me to understand myself and the direction in life I am taking. It also helps me to appreciate what what a good life I have.

School is keeping me incredibly busy so far. But in a good way. This week I have been working with all of the Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd graders sharing Internet safety. It has been great fun for me. I have the presentation down pat now. I feel like I have created a comedy routine, and each time I fine tune my delivery for maximum laughs (ah, I mean education).

My Fantasy Football league is embroiled in a rules controversy already. It started before the week 1 games were even finished. A couple of the guys pushed to vote for a rule change regarding points awarded based on yards gained. I voted against the change but now one guy is hollering for a recount or something. Once the season starts I am not comfortable making any changes. The weight of the league has shifted towards quarterbacks. I think I will be looking for an additional one to throw on my bench. We will see how the rest of the group reacts, but now I just feel like what is done is done.

On the 23rd I get to go to my first Redskin game of the season. I am pumped! Best of all, I think I have got a couple of guys who are willing to drive. I have the tickets, someone else can drive...

No comments: