Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tie a Day, Number 12

Today’s tie is a surprise to me. Once again, this tie is 15 to 20 years old, just like the majority of my collection. I have worn it a few times, but it has never been one I was crazy about. The tie has yellow in it and I don’t normally wear yellow, but today it was the perfect match with my shirt.

The shirt I wore is not really a tie shirt but it is comfortable and big, just the way I like my shirts. Tight shirts make me want to squirm all day. I picked the tie long after picking the shirt and strangely the tie was drawn to the shirt like a magnet.

The yellow in the tie brings out the yellow pattern in the shirt, and in my opinion, they go great together. The grey leaf like pattern is confusing when you look at it up close. The first thing my daughter said when she looked at the tie pattern this morning was, “What is that?”

Somehow it all works for me. I thought I would have to go to work with an ugly tie outfit today; it is nice when you get a good wardrobe surprise!

No comments: