Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tie a Day, Number 10

I have to apologize first today as this is a very negative Tie of the Day review. One of the problems with wearing a different tie everyday is that there are some days that I have to wear a tie that I don’t like just so I can reach my goal of a different tie everyday for the entire school year. Today is one of those days. Even though I wear brown shoes and belt, I am not a big fan of brown ties. This tie is nearly all brown. It was suggested that I wear a blue shirt to bring out more of the blue in the tie, but I am sure I would still not like this tie.

I am also not crazy about floral patterns in general and this one really rubs me the wrong way. Wearing flowers on a tie does not challenge my manhood the same way that pink does not frighten my manliness. I don’t care what others think about me for wearing flower ties or the color pink, I just don’t like either.

Based on the width of the tie, I think it is from the 80’s part of the “Dad’s Hand-Me Down” collection. It is a very soft tie made of beautiful Italian silk, but it is a bit on the thick side which combined with the nearly universal width makes it difficult to tie just right. It took me 5 shots this morning just to get it right. Annoying!

I think I have only worn this tie maybe one other time in my life, and after today, probably never again. On the bonus side, the Tie a Day dream is still alive and Monday I can wear a tie I like.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I must agree. Not a fan either, but it looks good with the white shirt

nmcabral said...

I think after each month, you should have a vote on everyones favorite tie!