Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tie a Day 9/22/09

I wore this NFC tie today to celebrate the first weekend that I was able to enjoy a win by the Redskins and my fantasy football team, the Dogman Funk All-Stars. Considering that the Redskins won with 3 field goals (score Wash 9- St. Louis 7) over a team they were supposed to handle easily, and that fantasy football is cruel game of high expectations and low achievement, I thought it would be wise to wear this celebratory tie this week. Neither team may win anything for the rest of the year. I am a fan and a realist.

While I am on the subject of the Redskins, I think it is important to say that I reserve the right to boo my team whenever I feel moved to do so. I have paid for that right. This “Dim Wit” doesn’t particularly care what anyone, even a large linebacker, has to say about how I express myself when my team can’t play its way out of a paper bag.






Back to the tie. I was trying to figure out how old this tie is and I know that the Panthers came
into the League in 1995. I also know that Tampa Bay switched uniforms in 1997. So, I must have received the tie in 1996.
Yes, my life is this fascinating. This is tie number 8.

No comments: