Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sprout for 1776

This afternoon I had some unexpected time alone. No one was at home, so I played with a flash gadget creator, Sprout. Very cool! When Flash was new, I played with it and had dreams of doing fun things with it, but my life has taken a different path. The Sprout interface lets you do just about anything that Flash can do for you, it has templates that you can start from and it has a lot of functionality that you can add with just a click. I had a lot of fun playing with it. And best of all, it is free!

I usually like to have some kind of direction when I play, so I attempted to organize my school system's next Twitup. One of the guys in our group, Joel McDonald, is going to be in play, 1776. As a group, we discussed trying to go and see the play, but it can be difficult to get everyone to nail down a day. The Sprout gadget was a try at organizing a day, but I decided not to explore all of the options that were available to me. I embedded links and a youtube video. One link in the Sprout leads you to Joel McDonald's Twitter page. All of the others lead to a private SharePoint site (anyone who is not in Virginia Beach schools can not access the site, sorry!).

So, to sum up; Sprout is very cool, and VBCPS Twitter people- visit the SharePoint site and vote for a day to see 1776!

No comments: