Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tie a Day, Number 17

You may not remember this, but in the 80's and early 90's paisley was very popular on ties. At least it was very popular with my father. I have many of these ties hiding in a dark corner of my closet like a nest of vipers waiting to remind me of the fashion of yesteryear.

This tie has a design that is acceptable, but it is a bit in the thin side. Also, I have to say that the tie is a bit wrinkled. I should have ironed it but my father always told me you don't iron silk ties. If that is true, how do you make a wrinkled tie flat again? I would turn the steam function off...

Does it even matter if I ironed it? Ironing won't take the ugly out of it. Wrinkles just underline the age of this serpent. Maybe it is best that I left the tie as it is.

No comments: